Monday, November 16, 2015

Indoor Mini Planter

So I have been admiring ideas of repurpose planters in toolbox for a while. Something about it just captivates me. Almost buy toolbox/containers from amazon but realize that the price is costly.

Few weeks back, I was doing some spring cleaning and decluttering... and found an old wooden holder (perhaps for cutlery or stationaries) a project done by one of my brothers for his technical class.

Yesss, this is definitely going to work!

So I bought 2 small indoor plants from IKEA, got 2 unused plastic cups that FIT PERFECTLY into the holder and my dream of having my very own small planter becomes a reality right before my eyes woohoo.

The plant only need weekly watering to moisten the soil. The soil can be let dry a bit before watering. Avoid direct sunlight. If somehow the leaves seemed to be soft and wither (if missed watering for a while) just water it again and it should be good as before.

Nevermind that my planter is not in a rustic metal toolbox. This is good and awesome enough for me.

Will I paint or do decoupage to the wooden holder someday? Was thinking to leave it as is but paint "love" on the wood. For now it sits on my kitchen table to accompany me when I'm having my meals.

Something simple that makes me smile. That is what Stapler's Corner all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...