Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Korean Honey Citron Tea

Also called "Yujacha" this is another thoughtful xmas gift that I got this year. Initially I thought it is a jam or marmalade. When I tasted it... it brings back recent memories.

I had this tea recently at a spa in Batam! Haha... I remembered how refreshing drinking this honey lemon tea after my spa and the masseuse told me that her boss got it from Singapore. Now I know that the tea is actually popular in Korea. I love it and the warm honey citron tea feels good especially when I am currently nursing a sore throat. Absolutely delicious.

Besides the great taste, there are also many benefits associated with Korean Citron Tea:
  • great for coughs
  • relieve sore throats
  • excellent source of Vitamin C
  • used for years to treat common cold
  • soothe seasickness
  • considered to have antibiotic properties
  • helps to enhance skin complexion
  • helps suppress fever
  • contains calcium to strengthens bones
  • fight against discoloration (of skin maybe?)
  • increases blood circulation
  • increases digestive simulation
A friend told me that this can be bought easily from any Korean shop. I found this same brand selling at Sheng Siong for $6.80 and another bigger bottle of another brand selling at $11++ Will try the bigger bottle next time because small bottle is not enough for me as I even use this citron tea as salad dressing.

Drinking this tea has been a morning routine for me. I added warm water and a teaspoon of Bragg's apple cider vinegar and it gives a boost to start the day.

Wish I can get the Yuja fruit and make myself fresh yujacha one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...