I love steam sponge cake and saw some bloggers making it using the traditional basket and there's a nice stamp with chinese characters wishing all the good stuff. I am going to hunt for those. It is for myself and a good friend whom I discovered just learnt to make her own steam cake.After much googling and researching, I finally got these.
Found out that the chinese stamps was sold at Ben Tahn Market in Vietnam but I don't have any plans to go Vietnam at the meantime. However I found a site that sell it! And it is in Penang... a shop called Baking Frenzy. I ordered the stamps and received it promptly. The words on it are Happiness, Fortune, Prosperity and Auspicious... and I got one with flower motive.
Took a day off yesterday to hunt for the baskets as I found out from a blogger that he bought it at Bake King, 10 Haig Road... eeerrr 3 years ago. Lucky me they still have it! Yeaayyyy.... I bought 4 small basket at $2.50 each and one bigger size at $4.50 for myself. Those above are for my friend.
Meeting my friend tonight for dinner and present her the gifts. Got it just in time for her before Chinese New Year.
Update: Learnt that the stamp can also be bought from Kitchen Capers in Singapore at $9.90 each. It can also be bought from Aliexpress in a set of 4 at a cheaper price PLUS free shipping.
No comments:
Post a Comment