Sunday, December 27, 2015

Vintage Enamel Mug

Went for an impromptu road trip yesterday with 3 friends and ended up at Melaka and Kluang. Melaka is a nice town and we had asam pedas fish and bought gula melaka, belachan, dodol, keropok and stuff.

Afterwards we feel like going to a quaint old town and decided to drive to Kluang my favorite town in JB. Stop by my friend's late mum's house and I love it so much. I have always joked about having a blue rustic house in Kluang and the house seemed to be the house of my dream. Pestered my friend to sell it to me hehe.

We had my favorite ol skool chendol and the not to be missed KFC. Went to my favorite shops and one of them sell lots of old household stuff. We fell in love with this enamel mug. Bought four for each of us... one is for a dear friend in US as a token of friendship.

The kind shopowner said the factory selling enamel plates and stuff closed down and they found a box of those mugs and other stuff around. The chinese characters according to him means "wedding" or something. Surely it means good things hehe...

I later learnt that the characters means double happiness. I read up the story behind the characters and it represents love, happiness and luck. No wonder the uncle at the shop mentioned that the characters are used as part of Chinese wedding. Hhhmmm now I know haha... how appropriate hehe.

We do bought other stuff like enamel plates for my personal use and a tray for my friend.

This morning, I made my fresh and warm honey citron tea in it. Nice big cup... so awesome and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...